09/02/2017

NARS Audacious Vs. Semi Matte Lipsticks | Review + Swatches


from left to right: Fire Down Below, Red Lizard, Liv & Charlotte

from left to right: Red Lizard, Liv & Charlotte

SEMI MATTE LIPSTICKS


Fire down below: this is a very warm toned red, almost a deep blood colour, as it's sometimes described. It's a lot more drier on the lips than the audacious lipsticks, but not as bad if you apply chapstick first. I would also suggest using a lip liner, as it will make the application a lot cleaner. Out of all of them, i found this one the most drying and a bit harder to apply than the rest as it doesn't glide on as smoothly.

Red Lizard: this semi matte lipstick has amazing pigmentation,
really comfortable to wear on the lips and the formula is super smooth. I also really like the shade, as it seems to make my teeth look a lot whiter! (always a plus haha). I think this shade also really suits my complexion as it doesn't wash me out and has a nice pinky/ red undertone. As stated above, with the semi matte lipsticks, i would suggest prepping your lips beforehand with a lip balm/ lip scrub to ensure there aren't any visible dry flakes on your lips.


from left to right: Red Lizard, Liv & Charlotte

AUDACIOUS LIPSTICKS


Liv: The formula is great, super comfortable on the lips and very hydrating, although i don't think this colour really suited my skin tone and made me look quite pale/ sick, i would never normally go for a purple lipstick, but i've seen so many people rock that whole "vampy" look- which i definitely cannot pull off!

Charlotte: this product is super creamy & easy to apply, it has amazing colour payoff and the formula is super lightweight. It leaves my lips feeling hydrated and moisturized throughout the day, but it does transfer pretty easily and tends to smudge all over my water bottles/ coffee cups.



Overall, i  prefer the formula of the audacious lipsticks, but my favourite shade would be red lizard. Has anyone else tried them? Let me know your thoughts down below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig